Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sick Baby and Go-Karts!

Yesterday morning Paris woke up and seemed to have a little bit of a fever but she was running around and acting normal until after her nap. She just sat on my lap and laid her head on my shoulder for the entire afternoon...which is so NOT Paris...she has never sat still for me to hold her for more than like 3 seconds at a time, even when she was a newborn! And today she woke up with a fever of 102, so I took her into the doctor and he confirmed that she has another ear infection...this is the 4th one since January. However, with the other 3 ear infections, she never had a fever...she was just really grumpy so I'm not sure why this time has been so different. As much as I hate to see her so miserable, I have really enjoyed being able to cuddle with my baby for the last 2 days....she has never really been a cuddler at all and it has been so fun to have her be so cuddly and still. Although I hope that she will be better soon and back to her energetic self, I will miss the cuddles and am grateful for my opportunity to hold my baby the last couple of days. This is not the best pic since I had to take it myself, but I wanted something to look at and remember this special time with Paris.



The other day we went to Leamington, UT to spend some time with friends and let the kids run around. Savannah got to go on her first go-kart ride while we were there and she loved it! It was so funny to watch her because as soon as we put the goggles on her, she acted like she couldn't move her head or make any facial expressions so I couldn't tell if she was having fun or not, but as soon as her ride was over and the goggles were off, she broke into a huge smile and has been talking about it ever since! Thanks to Jake for taking her on a ride, and thanks to Miriam for the invite....it is so nice to have activities to fill the evenings when Bubba is out of town!





1 comment:

Joe and Heidi said...

How cute. I'm sorry we missed it. I hope that Paris is good now. I feel like we haven't seen you forever.