Friday, May 16, 2008

Poptart Party!

Bubba has been gone again this week and Paris is finally feeling better so I've been trying to come up with fun things to do this week. We have spent a lot of time at the park since the weather has been so nice and the girls love it! Paris would spend hours in the swing if she had the chance...it's kind of a pain because I have to push her forever, but it's kinda nice because I can at least stay in one spot and not have to chase her all over the place like I usually do. Last summer, Savannah was terrified of slides and playgrounds, but this year she loves them and has gotten so brave!

Today was such a good day...we didn't do anything extremely special, just grocery shopping and then a long walk to a park, but my kids were so well behaved all day! When we were at home they played and entertained each other and I got so much stuff done! That may not sound so unusual to most people, but honestly it was like being on a different planet for me! For the last few months, Paris has constantly wanted to be held and I haven't hardly been able to put her down without her freaking out. I'm not sure what changed but the last couple of days I've been able to leave a room with her watching me without her screaming her head off! Maybe the separation anxiety is finally starting to wear off?!!!!! Not that I don't like to hold Paris, but she is 26 pounds and after several hours a day of holding her while trying to do laundry, make dinner, etc. I get tired, so I'm hoping this is the start of a new phase!

Anyways, since the girls were being so good all day, I told them that we would have a little picnic party and watch a princess movie while we ate dinner tonight. They really don't care much for movies, but we had rented Enchanted a couple of months ago and they loved the songs in it so I rented it again. I asked Savannah what she wanted for dinner and she told me she wanted poptarts (at least they are organic, right?) and so we took our poptarts downstairs, spread out a blanket, and watched "How Does She Know You Love Her?" about 10 times in a row! Bubba called in the middle of it, and Savannah told him we were having a "girls party." We had a fun time! Eventually they got tired of it and went into the playroom where they played happily until bedtime...I'm a little wary of their angelic behavior today, and I'm sure it won't last long, but I'll take it whenever I can get it!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Nellie I don't know how you do it-you are amazing to take care of your girls by yourself so much and to be so patient with Paris when she is your constant little buddy. I don't know how you do it! She just looks so peaceful and cute in the pictures it makes it hard to believe she could be a trial! Good luck making it through the summer-I hope things slow down for Bubba eventually!

Anonymous said...

savannah looks so sexy laying on the bed with her legs open , I want to unbutton her shorts, pull down the zipper and slide them off, next her nappy comes off and I put her legs over her shoulders and lick her arse and eat her lovely pee soaked pu--y while paris looks on, she will be ready to have hers eaten very soon so she can watch her sis thrashing and squealing with pleasure and see how good it feels,love doing stuff when they are too young to tell