Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And the Summer Has Begun!

Sorry it's been a while but I kept forgetting to charge the batteries in my camera and so I haven't taken any pictures and I always feel like I need to have pics in my blogs to make them interesting, but then I realized that I enjoy reading other blogs that don't have pics, so here's an attempt to be interesting without pictures of my cute kids!
So as most of you know, summer for Platinum (Bubba's job) has begun and that means Bubba is even busier than normal. He was in Florida for about 9 days, came home for a couple days and then left for DC yesterday and doesn't know when he'll be back from that trip. I'm used to him being busy and even out of town quite a bit, and I knew he'd be gone a lot this summer, but it's still not much fun to have him gone so much! However, I do get more projects done and have a lot of "me" time in the evenings after the kids are in bed, and so that's not all bad. It's hard to see the kids missing him though...today he called for a few minutes and I put him on speakerphone so the kids could talk to him....Savannah said "Come home Daddy!" So sad. Anyways, even though it's tough having him gone sometimes, I'm so glad that Bubba has a job that he loves (most of the time!) and that he works with such wonderful people and a company that has been so successful-it has been such a huge blessing in our lives to be a part of Platinum. Here's to another successful, great summer!

This is the first summer in 3 years that I get to stay in Utah and I'm really excited not to have to move....we had a couple of summers where we had to move multiple times, so in the last 3 years we have moved 10 times! In the middle of all that we had 2 kids and although there were some aspects of seeing different cities that were exciting, for the most part I am completely content to finally be "settled" in and not have to deal with packing/unpacking, etc. We don't have much planned yet for the summer but the kids love to play outside and Payson is getting a new pool/splash park which should be fun. We have lots of friends and family here too so I'm sure we can find fun things to do...hopefully Bubba will be around for at least some of them!

2 comments:

Dani said...

I feel your pain. It's hard when the guys leave for work. It's my excuse to not clean for a few days. I know its hard on a mommy to have dad gone all the time. But I am glad he likes his job. Of course Jared loves Platinum. And I like it too, (most of the time.)
And it's the great people like you guys that we get to work with that makes it great.We should have a Platinum widows Party this summer for all of us mommys who are alone at home.

Katie and joe said...

i'm sorry we had to steal him for a few days.... :) he's been so helpful here though! i'll do my best to help out and get him back home to you guys asap!