Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had such a great weekend and it was such a nice break! Yesterday was a double holiday for me since it was Memorial Day and my 27th birthday. As part of my birthday present, Bubba came home early on Friday so that I could go and get my hair cut/highlighted without having to worry about the kids. Friday evening we took the kids to Jumpin Jacks and they absolutely loved it, and I loved having Bubba there for once so I didn't have to try to chase both kids all by myself like I usually do! Saturday afternoon, my sister came to babysit the kids so that Bubba and I could go with his family to see Indiana Jones and have dinner. It's been a long time since we've gone to a movie and it was so nice to feel like adults for a few hours! Yesterday morning we went to my parent's house for a birthday breakfast and then came home and I got to relax while the kids took naps and Bubba got some projects done around the house that I've been bugging him about for a while and then he surprised me by having my sister come over again to babysit so that we could go to dinner and walk around the mall for a while.

To a lot of you, that might sound like a pretty normal weekend, but with Bubba's job, this kind of thing does not happen very often in our house! He's been out of town a lot and really busy the last few weeks and it was so nice to have him home for that many days in a row! Of course he was still on the phone quite a bit, and I think he was sending text messages from the theater while we were watching our movie, but it was still a great weekend! This is the first time in 4 years that we've actually gotten to do something for my birthday and one of the first weekends in 4 summers that Bubba has had free...it was wonderful!

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I haven't yet replaced our camera that was stolen last week...hopefully soon!

2 comments:

Dani said...

I love that Bubba was texting during the movie. I can soo relate.
I'm glad you had a great birthday. Are you going to Danica's for the Platinum wives party?

Jessica W said...

Nellie- I'm such a dork! I saw you yesterday and forgot to wish you a belated Happy Birthday! UGH! I'm sorry! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Glad to ehar you had a fun day/ weekend!