Monday, August 16, 2010

Fun in VA Beach!

I have been horrible about taking pictures this summer, but luckily my sister has taken a few so I have some record of our summer out here in VA. Only one week left and we'll be home which I am SO excited about, but we really did have some fun times out here too!

These pictures are actually from the very beginning of the summer when we took a Sunday drive to see the beach. All winter we told the girls we were moving to VA Beach and when we got to our new apartment, the first thing they asked was where the sand was. So we had to prove to them that we actually were close to the beach! At that point in the summer it wasn't very warm and the water definitely wasn't warm, but the kids had fun in the sand!






At the end of June, my parents came out to visit and we were able to go back to the beach (unfortunately Bubba was super busy that week and wasn't able to go). This time it was soooo hot outside and the water was awesome...perfect beach weather! The girls were a little nervous about the ocean and the waves, but had fun playing in the sand. Paris eventually got brave enough to sit in the waves and she loved it....I think we emptied buckets of sand out of the bottom of her swimsuit a dozen times!



Just this last week we took the kids to the VA Beach Aquarium. This one little girl just kept coming up to Savannah and hugging her...it was pretty cute! Savannah isn't a huge fan of strangers or people getting in her bubble, but I think she thought this little girl was pretty cute too!

Lately my girls make the cheesiest faces for pictures...we need to work on that before we get family pics taken this fall! BTW, this was in front of some type of crocodile.

In front of the shark tank.

Big huge lobster! Once again, the faces are awesome....:)

After the aquarium, we were able to go on a Dolphin Cruise...I'll admit, I wasn't really expecting to see very many dolphins, especially since the boat was not cruising very far from the shore at all, but it was amazing. We saw dozens and dozens of dolphins and they were pretty close to our boat! The girls loved it so much and kept telling me how that was their favorite thing that we've done all summer...it was well worth it, even though Madison was not a fan of the boat and was screaming for the last 20 minutes of the trip!




We're excited to come home and get back into a routine, but VA Beach has been a fun place to live and overall it really was a good summer!

2 comments:

The Kolste Family said...

Cute pictures! We have been to the beach twice here, but it is nothing like your beach. Good luck with your flight home! That should be fun. I got lucky, and my kids turned out to be really good on our flight. We are leaving on Friday. Matt's sister in New Mexico is blessing their baby on Sunday, so we figured if we are leaving around then anyway we would try to make it to it. Lucky for me, they are doing extended here, so we didn't have to stay to the end. I'm excited to see you guys! We should be back in Utah that Monday or Tuesday! When does Bubba come home?

Kolste said...

Your kids are getting so big!! We can NOT wait to get back and play! I am jelous now because we will be the last ones home! We dont get to leave until that Thursday after the 31st! I guess thats what I get for going home 2 times during the summer! We definately need to get together for dinner as soon as everyone gets home!