Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pregnancy Update



So I just realized the other day that I haven't taken any pictures of me during this pregnancy and I'm almost done! So here is a picture of me at just over 36 weeks along...hopefully we won't have too much longer! Looking at this picture, I don't think I look nearly as large as I feel...I feel like a whale and have definitely gotten more uncomfortable over the last couple of weeks. I don't remember feeling so slow and unable to move the last two times I did this, but maybe we forget these things for a reason!

Up until about 5 weeks ago, the baby had been head down at every appointment and then at about 32 weeks, she was head up and stayed that way for several weeks which was making me nervous, but I did a lot of tricks that I found online (including hanging upside down off the couch, putting frozen veggies on her head, and having the girls shine a flashlight on the bottom of my tummy which they thought was hilarious), and at my appointment last week she had flipped and we are hoping she stays in the correct position! And at my last appointment (about a week ago), I was already dilated to a 2, so that means all these contractions I've been having are maybe doing something at least!

The girls are getting very anxious for their baby sister to arrive and I think they are starting to believe it will never happen since we've been talking about it for so long. A few weeks ago, we put them in the same room, which I was a little nervous about since they are such great sleepers and I didn't want that to change, but they have done great! It takes them a little longer to get to sleep at night, but so far they have still been sleeping all night and waking up at their normal wonderful time of about 8:30!



1 comment:

Kyle and Shallan said...

Nellie, you look GORGEOUS in this picture!!! Seriously, I'm so jealous! I can only pray to look that good, especially when you're almost due! Unfair. haha!