Sunday, October 25, 2009

We are so proud!

Today was the Primary program in our ward and since Savannah is a Sunbeam this year, it was the first time that she was able to participate. The Primary had their first rehearsal two weeks ago and she was fine with it, but last week she came with me to my classes because she didn't want anything to do with saying her part or singing the songs during their rehearsal. Given the fact that the one time she was asked to say a scripture in Sharing Time, she threw herself on the floor crying when it was time for her to speak, I just kinda planned on the fact that she probably would not actually participate in the program today. Every time the Primary has sung in Sacrament meeting this year, she has refused to go up with all the other kids. However, when it was time for all the kids to go up, she went right up there without any hesitation! I couldn't believe it, but figured she would probably not actually say her part....and again we were so surprised! She went right up to the microphone and said her part perfectly ("Heavenly Father loves me and has a plan for me"). Bubba and I were shocked, but we were so proud of her (yes, BOTH of us got a little misty eyed after she said her part). Savannah is such a sweet little girl but has become a little more unpredictable these days...sometimes she is so shy and not quite so cooperative and other times she is fearless and not fazed by anything! I just wish I had a better idea of which situations would trigger which reaction so I could prepare myself a little better!

No comments: