Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sledding with Papa!

Last week we had one day that was slightly warmer than all the other days we've had so far this winter so I decided it would be fun to take the girls sledding and my dad (Papa) wanted to come too. We just went to this little hill that is near our neighborhood and we were the only ones there...it was perfect. I took Savannah down with me when we first got there and she didn't seem scared or anything, but that was her only time down the hill...she refused to go again and spent the rest of the time there eating snow and sledding down the hill on her stomach (without a sled!)...and she was perfectly happy! On the other hand, Paris could not get enough! Every time we went down the hill she would immediately say "Do it again!" She went down by herself a few times and was fine but she preferred to go with either me or Papa and so we got lots of sledding in too!



At one point, Paris just laid down with her face in the snow for about 3 minutes...I went to go check on her because she wasn't moving at all and she told me she was just sleeping...crazy kid!









4 comments:

Jessica W said...

Cute video!! Looks like you guys had fun. I had to giggle though- I think you meant so far this WINTER. Tee hee. If Payson's summers are that snowy, I don't want to know what winter is like!! ;)

jay and camille said...

So Nellie when are you going to post the "stoner" and his BIG burger? Jay says its sooo worth it cuz he took a pix with Bubba's phone and looks "stoned". Oh, by the way cute sledding pix.

Rachel said...

That looks like a really cool sledding hill! Nice that it is so close to your house.

Nellie I love your hair! It looks SO good on you!

New Mexican Youngs said...

So much to catch up on! Nellie, the haircut is sooo cute! Good for you. And your kids are darling. Savannah and Sage would have a great time in ballet together. Sage just loves to wear her ballet dress around and make up her own moves. And yes, Bessie will be missed, but I can't believe how much I'm liking the mini-van!