Monday, March 2, 2009

Long Overdue.....

It's been a long time since I've posted anything....and I haven't taken many pictures recently either! We just haven't anything too exciting going on up until the last week or so. Last week we were able to make a quick trip to Colorado to stay with my brother, his wife and their 4 kids. We were only able to stay for a couple of days but the girls had fun with their cousins and got to play outside while we were there because the weather was beautiful!



While we were there, we also got to go see Celine Dion in concert! I remember her being one of my first favorite musical artists and I remember that the first two CDs that I ever bought were hers....I have always loved her music but have never actually seen her before so this was big treat and her concert was amazing! I don't think most artists sound quite as good live as they do recorded, but Celine was so incredible-I really think she is one of the most talented singers ever and Bubba and I both really enjoyed it!

Yesterday, Bubba and I both got new callings in our ward....we've been relaxing for the last couple of months since we got released from nursery and it looks like we'll be much busier from now on. Bubba is going to be the secretary in the Elders Quorum and I have been called as the 1st counselor in the Relief Society Presidency which is a little scary but will be good for me and is something I've never done so I'm sure I'll learn a lot!

The girls have been so fun lately-they play together so well and they have the cutest little conversations with us and with each other. I just love how their minds work. Yesterday I was talking to Savannah about things that she likes and she was listing off things that she liked. I said, "Well, you like Paris too." She replied, "No, I don't like Paris.....I LOVE her!" I thought that was pretty cute and also very true....she really does love Paris and Paris loves her too. If one of them wakes up earlier than the other, they go nuts trying to get me to let them wake up the other so that they can play. We asked Savannah the other day who she was going to marry when she grew up and she replied "Paris." We asked her how many kids she was going to have and she said..."Just one...Paris." So she doesn't quite understand these concepts yet, but she obviously loves her sister and that makes me so happy. It was a challenge having these two 16 months apart, but now that they are a little bit older, I am so happy that they came so close together because they are such good buddies and have so much fun together. A couple of weeks ago, Bubba was laying on the couch trying to sleep and the girls decided to fix his hair.....





Yesterday before church, we got a few pics of the girls hugging and kissing each other....something they came up with all on their own-it's one of their latest games!







4 comments:

Sandy said...

What a wonderful Daddy. And I love how you named one of your Daughters Paris, I presume after the city in France where Bubba served his mission. Sandy Alger from San Jose

Linds said...

Nellie, my mom asked me if I would get your parents address for her. Would you email it to me? ashley@shupe.net. Thanks!

Linds said...

sorry, I am on my sisters computer and logged in as her... It's ashley though :)

Bethany said...

Hello Mami Mellie-

Hey, how are you, friend? Come on by, blogstalk any time you feel the need. :) I remember you did comment awhile ago, but I was new to blogging and I'm sure I didn't respond.
Anyway, good to see you and your cute girls. Your oldest is you. Not just looks like you, but IS you. I am sure that's exactly what YOU looked like as a little girl.
And I think your hair is cute short.

Well, hope all is well! :)

Mami Betany