Sunday, August 31, 2008

My grown up little girl

Those of you who know Savannah know that she is a pretty quiet little girl. Whenever other people are around, she is usually content to play by herself and she doesn't say hardly anything unless she is really warmed up to the people who are there. Lately she has really been into talking to herself (and her dolls) and singing to herself as well which has been so fun. Whenever we are at home and she thinks no one is listening she will just burst into song, sometimes the songs are real and sometimes they are completely made up of sounds/words? that are completely made up as well! Lately Savannah has become quite the little mother to her dolls and spends a good amount of time changing diapers, putting them to bed, standing up with the dolls swaying back and forth saying "Shhh, shhh, shhh." It has been so fun for me to watch her and see all of these cute things that she has been doing. Right around the time she turned 3, she started throwing fits which is something that she has never really done and I began to believe people when they said 3 was worse than 2! However, that only lasted for a couple of months and I think it probably had more to do with the fact that we took her binkies away around that time. The last few weeks, Savannah has been so good and so sweet and I've been having so much fun having little conversations with her. Her memory never ceases to amaze me either...she is constantly bringing up things that happened months ago that she still remembers every detail about.

So last night, I put Savannah to bed and was doing some things around the house when I heard her talking....a lot! Instead of immediately going in and telling her to go to sleep, I stood outside her door to listen. I'm assuming she was talking to one of her dolls and this is how the one-sided conversation went. (I don't think it will be as cute typed out as it was listening to her, but I wanted to record it since this blog is pretty much our family journal these days)!

"Do you wanna go to the mall and see Santa Claus? He just sits there all day. Would that be fun? He is really nice. He's not scary, he just has lots of hair on his face-it's called a beard. But he's not scary, he is really nice. Ok? And there is a choo-choo train by Santa and it goes around and around. Would that be fun? Let's do that, ok?"

I was cracking up outside the door but I was also amazed because I have not even mentioned Santa Claus anytime recently so I was surprised she even thought about him, but I was even more amazed that she remembered going to the mall 9 months ago and seeing him there...and yes, at the Provo Mall there is a choo-choo there as well! How does she remember this stuff?!!!!

Then her conversation became a little sillier as she got sidetracked with the choo-choo thing....

"So you wanna go on the choo-choo train? We go on a fish choo-choo? That's silly! We go on an octopus choo-choo? No, that's silly! You wanna go on a turtle choo-choo? That be fun? You're silly!"

After that she was pretty quiet, but I was thoroughly entertained by this little girl of ours...she is so sweet and imaginative these days and I love her so much!

No comments: