Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New York!

Last week I was finally able to go with Bubba on one of his trips for work and we went to New York City! It was my first time going there and it was definitely a crazy city but we had a great time while we were there. My parents were wonderful to watch the girls for us while I was gone so that we could go alone and I think the kids had a great time too! I just went for 2 days and then came home while Bubba stayed for a few more days to actually get some work done. The highlight of the trip was going to see Wicked which we had never seen and we both agreed that it was as good as everyone has told us....we loved it! We also got last minute tickets to go see The Little Mermaid musical while we were there-it wasn't as good as Wicked but it was still amazing to see all of the special effects and sets-it was pretty amazing how they did it all. We did a lot of walking all over the city, got to go up to the top of the Empire State building and we took a boat to see the Statue of Liberty. I had a wonderful time there and hope I get to go back to visit sometime-the city is so different from anywhere else in the U.S. and there is so much to see there!





2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad you got to go see Wicked-I love it, and also to have a little get away with just you and Bubba-which Cody and I are discovering are very important!
Also-Your hair is SO LONG-I think you have the fastest growing hair in the world, and it is so pretty!

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

I agree I've seen wicked twice and I'm seeing it when it comes to utah in 2009! I love it so much. I have never been to new york though so that would be a place I would love to see.