Friday, November 11, 2011

Paris is 5 on 11/11/11

What a cool date for a birthday!  I can't believe this little girl is 5 years old already.  Paris has so much personality and makes life very interesting for all of us.  Some moments she is the sweetest, most helpful little girl ever and other moments she is very stubborn and intensely emotional/hot-tempered but it definitely keeps us on our toes.  Paris still loves princesses and fairies and everything girly, but I think her favorite thing to do these days is read.  She has been reading for over a year now, but I am amazed at how well she can read at such a young age.  Every time I go into her room to make her bed, I find a stack of books that she snuck in there the night before to read before going to sleep.  She finds flashlights and sneaks them under the covers....I'm sure I should be more strict about making her go to sleep, but can't really find the motivation since I read for hours every night before going to sleep when I was young too!  Paris loves to play on the computer, ride her bike and scooter, and play with friends.  We had a birthday party this year at our house with a few of her friends...she wanted a My Little Pony party but since she invited a few boys, we tried to keep it from being too girly.  We had pony races, played Horse, Horse, Pony, Hot Potato (with a stuffed pony), went on a scavenger hunt for a pony, and played Pin the Cutie Mark on the Pony too.  Paris had her 5 year checkup and weighed in at 37 pounds (25%ile) and is 40.5 inches tall (14%ile).  Poor thing is pretty short, but it amazes me that my little petite girl is the same child that was in the 98%ile for weight the first couple years of her life!  












1 comment:

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

I can't believe you have a 5 year old! that is so crazy. She is adorable.