Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Savannah turns 6!

I can't believe this little girl is already 6 years old!  Savannah is such a sweet little girl and we are so lucky that she is just so good.  She is pretty much never disobedient and is extremely honest all of the time which is amazing for a child her age!  She is such a great helper to me and will help with anything that I ask her to do, but she is particularly amazing with Madison these days.  Madison really wants to cling to me all the time, but especially now with a new baby, I just can't hold her all day.  Next to Mommy, Savannah is Madison's favorite and so she is more than happy to play with Savannah and I am just so glad that the timing of all of this worked out so that Savannah isn't in school right now...I don't think we're going to let her go back in the fall because I don't know how Madison and I will survive!   Savannah is still pretty quiet but is not nearly as shy as she used to be.  She is extremely observant and just quietly watches everything and picks up on and then remembers every single detail about everyone and everything that is going on.  Her favorite thing to do is draw and she is also starting to write some stories to go with her illustrations which is so fun for us to see.  I am still amazed by how good her drawings are...I really do think she has a natural talent in this area which is amazing, given my inability to draw anything!  She loves to ride her bike and scooter, jump on the trampoline, play with friends and read books.  This year was Savannah's "off" year for having a party but we went to Seven Peaks instead and had a good time even though it was extremely crowded and a little difficult with a newborn!  Happy Birthday Savannah!









No comments: