Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm one of them now...

I have always considered myself pretty good at finding good deals while shopping, but I would always get frustrated when I was behind someone in line that had dozens of coupons or was price matching every single item in their 3 carts worth of stuff...I always thought those coupon people were just kinda weird. I've "used" coupons before but didn't really think it was worth the extra time and effort to save a few cents here and there so I really never got into it until recently. Thanks to Utah Deal Diva and several other couponing blogs/websites, I have finally started to learn the tricks and have been saving a lot of money. I'm nowhere near as good at all of this as many others are but yesterday I went to Target and bought nearly $80 worth of stuff for only $26! I'm sure there are alot of people out there who could do even better but I was pretty proud of myself and am hoping to continue to save even more money in the future. Spending money on stuff you eat has always been kind of depressing-I would much rather have that money to spend on something more fun, so the more money I can save grocery shopping the better. So now I'm one of those weird coupon people....but I'm proud of it!

2 comments:

Jessica W said...

Yay!!! Target always has some great deals! So happy you're one of "us" now! ;)

Bethany said...

I'm one of "them" now, too! I just started a few weeks ago, and I'm diggin' it. I'm getting reasonably good at the CVS/Walgreens game, but have been a little intimidated by the actual grocery stores. Going to try harder. :)
But good for you!